These maps depict both natural and man-made features such as roads, vegetation cover, water features, populated areas and relief as portrayed by contours. These maps are available at different scales:
• 1:250,000 scale Joint Operations (Air and Ground) over all of PNG (73 sheets).*
• 1:100,000 scale over all of PNG. This is the most popular mapping product in PNG and is used for bush walking, general navigation, resource development and administration (280 sheets).*
• 1:50,000 scale over selected parts of PNG.*
• 1:2,000 scale covering principal town areas and showing all detail including individual buildings.
• 1:500,000 Tactical Pilotage Charts covering all PNG (9 sheets).
• 1:1,000,000 Operational Navigational Charts (5 sheets).*
• 1:2,000,000 Jet Navigational Charts (1 sheet).
Provincial and district Maps
Hardcopy maps in A0 size derived from the 1:250,000 scale maps with GPS data of roads, village locations, schools, health facilities, bridges and airstrips captured in 1998 and 2000. These data can also be obtained digitally.
Provincial Boundaries, district boundaries, census divisions, electorates and constituencies are available over all PNG in MapInfo format.