Office of the Surveyor General
TheOffice of the Surveyor General (OSG) is one of the core divisions of the Department of Lands & Physical Planning that looks after all survey matters in Papua New Guinea. The OSG also looks the function of the Surveyors Board which deals with the registration of all the surveyors practicing surveys in PNG and regulates all laws affecting the surveyors and the survey profession.
The Office of the Surveyor General as a Statutory Authority responsible for survey matters in PNG plays the following roles;
- It ensures surveys are carried out with current best professional practice.
- It ensures that the survey profession in PNG maintains the appropriate technical, educational, and ethical standards.
- It ensures that the PNG Surveyors Board is properly administered
- It ensures that surveyors and certified measures are duly registered.
- It takes charge of all cadastral surveys in the country
- It takes charge of all surveys at the international border.
.The Office of the Surveyor General provides the following services:
|SECTION||What do we provide?|
|Central Plan Office||Fourmil & Milinch Maps, Town Sheet and Survey Plans, Street Directory, Purchase Documents|
|Survey Coordination||Geodetic Survey Datum of Papua New Guinea, Internation Boundaries, Survey Standards|
|PNG Surveys Board||Registrations of Surveyors/ Certified Measurers /Cadets / Trainees/ Survey Companies and Private Examiners|
|Place Names||Register Appropriate Names of Natural and Cultural features of the country|
We also have regional offices in Goroka (Eastern Highlands), Kokopo (East New Britain),Lae (Morobe)and Port Moresby (NCD)that carry out our functions in their respective regions.For queries contact your nearest regional offices or the headquaters.